Gettin' The Lead Out Historic Run #COVID2020
We want to celebrate July 4 safely during the #COVID2020 pandemic, so rather than a traditional group race, our 39th Annual July 4th 2- or 5-mile run will be a little different this year: we're going virtual!
How does a virtual race work? It's really simple!
A virtual race is a race that can be run (or walked) from any location you choose. You can run, jog, or walk on the road, on a trail, on the treadmill, at the gym, or on a track (or even at another race!). You get to run your own race, at your own pace, and time it yourself.
Bonus: You get a free t-shirt with registration.**
You can choose the traditional route, you can walk anywhere around Historic Mineral Point, you can hike in trails around Mineral Point, or anywhere else if you're out of town or decide to hit the road for the day.
The key is getting out, all together, on July 4 to celebrate our Independence Day across the city with sufficient social distancing to keep everyone safe. Look for your neighbors, wave hi, and cheer them on!
How do you join the fun?
- Click "Register" above, complete the forms, and submit payment (call 987-3201 or email the chamber for cash or check).
- Pick up your shirt at the Chamber starting July 1.
- Get The Lead Out with your neighbors, family, and friends on July 4.
- Take pictures of you in your shirt around the city and post all over social media - tag yourself, tag your friends, tag event pages.
- Record your time online. -- The first 20 to record their time will receive a commemorative July 4 2020 mug from Brewery Pottery! The submission form will be open July 4 only. (Limit 1 per family.)
- Grab a Steak Lunch at Water Tower Park! (drive thru and contactless)
**T-shirt sizes cannot be guaranteed after June 29.