First United Methodist Church
Organized in 1834, the United Methodist Church in Mineral Point is one of the oldest Protestant congregations in Wisconsin. The original church was built of logs on Commerce Street. Soon after, the congregation built another structure to serve as the church and day school. Dedicated in 1838 and expended in 1845, that structure stood on the site of the Gothic Revival home across the street where its limestone foundation is still visible. The prenent church features asymmetrical towers and pointed arch windows, Its massive form and substantial corner buttressing offset its strong vertical lines.