Program & Marketing Manager
Reporting to the Executive Director and Director of Education, and working collaboratively with Shake Rag Alley staff, Board members, teaching artists, and volunteers, the Program & Marketing Manager supports our mission by helping to implement programming to include adult workshops, retreats, and family-friendly community programs, and promote all Shake Rag Alley programming via digital, social, and traditional media. Provides excellent and timely customer service to the Shake Rag Alley community.
- In collaboration with the Director of Education, implements Shake Rag Alley’s year-round adult educational programming taught by local, regional, and national artists and seasonal family-friendly community programming including the Make-a-Fairy-House Workshop, Tour of Fairy Homes, Mineral Point Museum Night, Trick’r Treat, and Santa Day.
- Partners with staff as needed in preparing workshop and program spaces on and off the Shake Rag Alley campus and coordinating food service needs to include ordering and delivering meals as needed.
- Helps welcome arriving instructors and students and provide instructors with orientations to their classrooms, campus amenities, and Mineral Point resources. Collaborates with staff and volunteers to ensure instructors and students are supported for the duration of their workshop, retreat, or community program.
- Serves as weekend office manager to include opening and closing the office and Art Cafe for workshop check-ins, monitoring workshops and taking pictures, and serving as a resource to students, instructors, and the general public to include answering the phone, greeting visitors, booking and processing workshop registrations and lodging reservations, processing refunds and ensuring overall guest satisfaction.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director and Director of Education, Implements annual marketing plan to include:
- drafting and distributing seasonal press releases and twice-monthly e-newsletters via Mailchimp;
- managing social media accounts to include Facebook and Instagram;
- sharing events and programs on online event calendars;
- placing ads in regional print publications.
- Maintains WordPress website and e-commerce functions.
Status: Full-time seasonal, hourly (40 hours/week April-October including weekends, 20 hours/week November-March)
Compensation: $14/hour, nine paid holidays per year, monthly cell phone allowance, 15% workshop discount