The Mineral Point Chamber of Commerce invites applications for the full-time position of Executive Director. To apply for this position, which includes a competitive salary, please submit a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Priority consideration will be given to complete applications received by March 31. The position will remain open until filled.
About the Mineral Point Chamber of Commerce
The mission of the Mineral Point Chamber of Commerce is to stimulate business, civic, agricultural, and economic development in Mineral Point and its environs by encouraging cooperation and building leadership in the community; creating a positive image by promoting the city as an exciting place to live, shop and invest; improving the appearance of the community; and receiving, administering and distributing funds in connection with any activities related to the above purposes.
Reporting to the Board of Directors and working with and on behalf of Mineral Point’s stakeholders, the preferred candidate for our next Executive Director will be energetic, innovative, visionary, and passionate with proven leadership and consensus-building skills. Responsibilities of the position, which is full time and based in the office at 145 High St., include:
● Serving as an ambassador of Mineral Point as a great place to live, do business, visit, and explore;
● Recruiting, retaining, and proactively supporting Chamber members;
● Managing the daily operations of the Chamber office to include:
○ financial administration including budgeting, gift certificate program management, merchandise sales, and maintenance of financial and organizational records;
○ website maintenance and communications including social media management, marketing and some graphic design;
○ volunteer recruitment and support;
○ office housekeeping.
● Working collaboratively with the Board and Chamber committees to support the strategic implementation of the Chamber’s mission and policies and to develop Chamber resources through innovative fundraising events, grant writing, and sponsorships;
● Representing the Chamber at Chamber-sponsored fundraising and member events, on City of Mineral Point committees, and at community and regional meetings and events as needed for the benefit of Chamber members;
● Assisting the Mineral Point Tourism Commission with marketing services for the promotion of tourism in Mineral Point as outlined in the Tourism Promotion Contract between the Commission and Chamber;
● Other duties as assigned.
● Bachelor’s degree and five years of relevant experience, preferably in a chamber/tourism industry or in a very similar public-facing, membership-funded organization;
● Five years of experience in marketing, event management, fund development, and financial management to include budgeting and analysis;
● Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, including public speaking, and the ability to adapt communication style to fit the situation and audience;
● Computer and Internet proficiency to include Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive, social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter), ChamberMaster software or equivalents, and database management;
● Enthusiasm for working in a collaborative and providing superior customer service to a diverse environment using telephone, mail, or email;
● Strong organizational, project management, and problem-solving skills, flexibility, and patience.
● Superior attention to detail and accuracy and ability to respect the confidentiality of organizational, customer, and donation information.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
● Physical Demands: While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and consistently talk or hear; and rarely taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
● Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The Mineral Point Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran or uniformed service member status or any other characteristic protected by law.