The Cider Farm – Hiring Now! Fall Picking and Pressing Apples
About The Cider Farm
- We are an expanding, organically managed apple orchard growing specialty apples to make The Cider Farm apple brandy and ciders. We are about 13 miles west from Mineral Point town.
- We have been grafting and purchasing trees. Almost 16,000 trees are in the orchard.
- We are reclaiming over 60 ac of timberland from invasive species.
- We maintain over 35-acres of prairie, windbreaks, and pollinator habitat adjacent to orchard blocks.
- Our farm hosts research and educational initiatives as well as orchard tours during the growing season.
- Ability to appropriately balance speed and quality of work.
- Strong verbal communication skills and ability to follow directions, particularly regarding safety.
- The work is physical and outdoors.
DutiesThe work is diverse and changes from week to week, if not day to day. Work includes, but is not limited to:
- Harvest apples keeping records of all harvest-related information.
- Wash, sort and press apples, keeping track of varieties and amounts pressed.
- Clean small and large equipment.
- Operate a skid steer if a previously experienced.
Dates and Times of Work
- Monday - Friday, plus a few Sundays for fall apple pressings. Hiring full-time and part-time for September into November. Great workers have potential to renew employment mid-February 2023 for more diverse orchard, prairie and woodland tasks.
TO APPLY contact firstname.lastname@example.org